Monday, November 21, 2011

More Thanksgiving (the family edition 5-16)

5) My stepmom, Janice. She makes my Dad so happy and she loves my kids. She has been so good and kind to me and my family. She has so much energy and is always thinking of something fun to do!

6) My mother-in-law, Mary Ann. She raised my fantastic husband and she is so generous to us. She would never let us go without. We have a great time when she visits! I would also like to say that our dog, Sammie, is also very grateful for Mary Ann and the snuggles and treats the doggie gets when Mary Ann comes!

7) My Dad. Growing up I knew he was always there for me. As an adult I realize how valuable and rare that is. Dad and I have shared many laughs and tears through the years.

8) My brother, Elliot. I love my brother. We have so many memories, both awesome and sad. I will always admire him for the way he cared for my mom when she was on hospice. I am so proud of my little brother, and grateful to have had a sibling to walk through life with.

9) My mom. She was my closest friend. We had so much fun together, and also had our share of passionate disagreements. I am thankful that she lived for so long after she was sick. I'm thankful she got to be there throughout my childhood, when I graduated, got married, and had Melody. I'm grateful that for a brief time, my mother and my child shared this planet. I know that Melody won't remember my mom, but it is comforting to know that she felt Mom's touch, heard her voice, and knew her love.

10) My beautiful Melody. She made me a Mommy! She has so much imagination and her heart is full of love. She is also a beautiful singer!

11) My spunky Lila. She has personality to spare. She is so bright and sassy, but also very sweet.

12) My sweet Isaac. He is jolly, good natured, and fun to be around. He makes me smile. I am so proud of the progress he is making in his therapies.

12) My beloved Jonah. What can I say that I haven't already? I will always love and miss him. I pray for a day when we will be reunited in the next life. I am thankful for the time we got to spend together.

13) My grandma Helen. I love my grandma. My kids love my grandma. I feel lucky that we get to have her around.

14) My grandma Lou. I admire her class and poise. She is so generous with her time in showing us houses pretty much whenever we want . She has brought us meals and apples numerous times when we were having a difficult situation. I am thankful for her kindness and love.

15) My step-sister, Maggie. I always wanted a sister and I am looking forward to getting to know her better!

16) The rest of the family. I have many aunts, uncles, and cousins who make my life richer and more enjoyable. I also have Grandparents and a father-in-law in Heaven, and I'm glad I got to spend time with them. Justin also has a grandmother who is still living, and she is an awesome cook and very funny!

That's all for now, more to come.












No comments:

Post a Comment