Saturday, March 10, 2012

Birthday

Happy First Birthday my dear, sweet Jonah. Thank you for coming into our lives. We will never be the same after having you here. I am so sorry for all you went through in your short life, but we could not have possibly loved you more. My beautiful boy, we will always feel the heaviness of your absence and grieve what might have been.

I should be holding you while you try your first bite of cake and enjoy a party in your honor. I wish I could have sung Happy Birthday to you and given you your first birthday gift. I wish you could play with balloons with Melody, Lila, and Isaac, and that we could all take a stroll and enjoy some fresh air together.

Last year this day was one of the best of my life. I have come to accept that my heart and our family will always have a hole in it, but thank you for sharing yourself with our family. If only I could hold you one more time.


3 comments:

  1. Ashley, thinking of and praying for you. This post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry you have had to go through this and am continuously amazed by your strength and courage. I pray God will bring you peace, give you hope, and show you His love. Let me know if I can do anything for you or your family. Sending you much love and many hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I first read about your loss on the Faith and Family website. I cannot imagine the pain you have endured. I will be remembering you, Jonah, and the rest of your family in my prayers. I pray his first birthday was not too painful for you all. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ashley. That made me tear up. There will be a place in the hearts of so many people for him - even those who never had the privilege to meet him. We love you and your family. Big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete